We are very excited to welcome you back!
We are grateful for the patience of our congregation as we worship on Zoom, rather than in our familiar church surroundings, but we believe the health and safety of our Fairfield Grace family, as well as others, should be paramount. We have been challenged and we have been blessed. We are looking forward to welcoming you back to a safe and peaceful place for in-person worship. Our reopening plan is formulated using the detailed steps and guidance supplied by Bishop Thomas J Bickerton of New York Annual Conference that provides a safe and clear pathway for re-opening.
We will be holding an in person Worship Service at Fairfield Grace
– simultaneously, with our online Zoom Service –
at 10:00 am
Sunday, September 13
You are invited to an outdoor Prayer Gathering
on the Back Lawn of Fairfield Grace
at 4:00 pm
Saturday, September 5
Please bring a mask and your own chair. Social distancing will be observed.
More details on the in-person Service and Prayer Gathering will follow!
A team of volunteers have been preparing the church for your arrival; the building has been deep cleaned and protocols are in place to safely welcome you back. You may notice some differences when you arrive.
What to Expect:
BEFORE YOU ARRIVE
- Make sure you have a face covering to bring and wear. If you do not have one, we will have extras and can provide one to you.
- You may be asked to register for a service or event so we can better manage capacities. You will receive details on how to easily register in a separate communication.
- If you are ill, please stay home and worship with Fairfield Grace via Zoom.
WHEN YOU ARRIVE
- Please read the signs and follow instructions.
- Enter only in marked doorways.
- Keep your face covering or mask on at all times except for receiving Communion.
- Sanitize your hands as directed by usher.
- Observe social distancing at all times (look for marks on the floor).
- Give usher your name for attendance.
- Ushers will direct you to seating. Every other pew will be marked off to ensure social distancing.
- Since there will be no offering plates for your offering please leave your offering in the boxes provided at the entrance area.
DURING THE SERVICE
- Do not change seats during the service.
- There will be no congregational singing.
- There will be no passing of offering plates.
- No physical contact as a sign of peace will be exchanged during the Service.
AFTER THE SERVICE
- Please take any worship aids you may have brought with you.
- Follow usher’s instructions to exit.
- Use only the designated exit doors.
- There will be no Fellowship Hour following the Service.
- Maintain social distancing and don’t congregate outside the church doors.
- Continue to wear your face covering or mask until you are in your car.
We will continue to monitor reports and statistics, listen to health officials and leaders, and seek the Lord for wisdom on how to navigate this time.
As we walk through these uncertain days and as we plan to bear witness to what we believe in the intentional measures of reopening our church, may our founder, John Wesley’s words guide our path each step of the way.
Do all the good you can,
by all the means you can, in all the ways you can,
in all the places you can, at all the times you can,
to all the people you can, as long as you ever can.
Yours in Christ,
Bob Price, Task Force Chairperson
Rev. Kun Sam Cho, Pastor