Week Twenty-Four (Sermon on Chapter 24 will be on 4/17):
Chapter 24: No Ordinary Man
Related Bible Text: Matthew 5-7; 9; 14; Mark 4-6; Luke 10; 15; John 6
Wednesday: 10:10 AM
Thursday: 6:45 PM
Sunday: 9:00 AM
Questions to think about as you read (page 484 at back of book)
- Why might Jesus have used parables as a way to teach people?
- What can you learn from Jesus’ parables that you can use in your own life?
- If you would have heard Jesus’ sermon, what do you think you would have done? Would you have followed him?
- Why did Jesus’ teaching bother some of the religious leaders?
- Jesus explained that he is the “bread of life” – the source of sustenance and satisfaction. What can you do to gain a deeper satisfaction in your relationship with Jesus?
Fun games to play (courtesy of D. Pleacher, First Presbyterian Church, Fort Collins CO)