Week Twenty-Three (Sermon on Chapter 23 will be on 4/10):
Chapter 23: Jesus’ Ministry begins
Focus: Jesus’ Ministry
Related Bible Text: Matthew 3-4; 11; Mark 1-3; Luke 8; John 1-4
Wednesday: 10:10 AM
Thursday: 6:45 PM
Sunday: 9:00 AM
Questions to think about as you read (page 483 at back of book)
- What purposes did Jesus’ baptism and temptation serve?
- How would you sum up the main message that Jesus had for the people?
- Why did so many people have a deep hatred for Jesus?
- Jesus said that we must be “born again” to enter the kingdom of God. What does it mean to be “born again”?
- What kind of people did Jesus typically reach out to? What kind of people did he oppose? Why?
- Jesus stated that “whoever drinks the water I give them will never thirst. Indeed, the water I give them will become in them a spring of water welling up to eternal life.” What do you think this statement means?
Fun games to play (courtesy of D. Pleacher, First Presbyterian Church, Fort Collins CO)