Week Nine (Sermon on Chapter 9 will be on 12/6):
Chapter 9: The Faith of a Foreign Woman
Related Bible Text: Ruth 1-4
Wednesday, Oct 21: 10:10 AM
Thursday, Oct 22: 6:45 PM
Saturday, Oct 24: 10:00 AM
Sunday, Oct 25: 9:00 AM
Questions to think about as you read (page 477 at back of book)
- What does Ruth’s story reveal about the love of God?
- What does Ruth’s story reveal about how God views all people groups? What does that mean for you?
- Both Ruth and Naomi suffered tremendous loss. Why does a good and gracious God allow tragedy to come upon those who love him?
- When difficult times come, what causes you to continue to hope in God?
- Ruth left her home to follow Naomi and to follow God. How is God asking you to follow him?
- In what way do Ruth’s actions and responses challenge you? Encourage you?
- What steps can you take to become a more selfless, loving person?
Fun games to play (courtesy of D. Pleacher, First Presbyterian Church, Fort Collins CO)