Week Eleven (Sermon on Chapter 11 will be on 1/3):
Chapter 11: From Shepherd to King
Related Bible Text: 1 Samuel 16-18; 24; 31; 2 Samuel 6; 22; 1 Chronicles 17; Psalm 59
Wednesday: 10:10 AM
Thursday: 6:45 PM
Sunday: 9:00 AM
Questions to think about as you read (page 478 at back of book)
- Why was David chosen to be the next king of Israel?
- What obstacles did David face to become the king he was anointed to be?
- How was David able to face a giant when so many others gave way to fear?
- Why did David spare Saul when he had the chance to be free of Saul’s attempts to kill him? What would you have done?
- David had a single goal (that the God of Israel would be glorified) because he has a single love (the God of Israel). What can you do to cultivate a heart like David’s?
Fun games to play (courtesy of D. Pleacher, First Presbyterian Church, Fort Collins CO)