Week Ten (Sermon on Chapter 10 will be on 12/27):
Chapter 10: Standing Tall, Falling Hard
Focus: Samuel, Saul
Related Bible Text: 1 Samuel 1-4; 8-13; 15
Wednesday: 10:10 AM
Thursday: 6:45 PM
Sunday: 9:00 AM
Questions to think about as you read (page 477-478 at back of book)
- What do you learn about prayer from Hannah?
- How did Samuel show his faith in God?
- Why was it wrong for the Israelites to ask for a king?
- What factors led to King Saul’s demise?
- How did Saul respond when confronted with his sin? How do you respond when confronted with your own shortcomings?
- What instances of God’s grace do you see in this chapter?
Fun games to play (courtesy of D. Pleacher, First Presbyterian Church, Fort Collins CO)