Week Seven (Sermon on Chapter 7 will be on 11/15):
Chapter 7: The Battle Begins
Related Bible Text: Joshua 1-2; 6; 8; 10-11; 23-24
Wednesday, Oct 21: 10:10 AM
Thursday, Oct 22: 6:45 PM
Saturday, Oct 24: 10:00 AM
Sunday, Oct 25: 9:00 AM
Questions to think about as you read (page 476 at back of book)
- How could Joshua be “strong and courageous” in such intimidating situations?
- What do you learn about God from the story of the salvation of Rahab the prostitute?
- What do the string of amazing battle victories the people experienced as they entered the land reveal about who is really in charge of history?
- Why did God order the Israelites to go to war against others? How was this war justified?
- How did Joshua challenge the people in his final speech?
- Why do you think God lavished blessings on Joshua and all the Israelites, who, like Joshua, trusted God?
- What practical steps can you take to gain a deeper faith in God?
Fun games to play (courtesy of D. Pleacher, First Presbyterian Church, Fort Collins CO)