Week Four (Sermon on Chapter 4 will be on 10/25):
Chapter 4: Deliverance
Related Bible Text: Exodus 1-7; 10-17
Wednesday, Oct 21: 10:10 AM
Thursday, Oct 22: 6:30 PM
Saturday, Oct 24: 10:00 AM
Sunday, Oct 25: 9:00 AM
Questions to think about as you read (page 474-475 at back of book)
- What was significant about Moses’ birth?
- How did God display his concern and love for his people after hearing their cries and groaning?
- In what ways was Moses qualified to lead the people? In what ways did he feel he was not qualified?
- Have you ever felt unqualified or unable to do something, as Moses did? How did you handle it?
- The Story notes several amazing miracles in the deliverance of the people from Egypt. Do you believe God performs miracles today? Why or why not?
- What can you learn about the character of God from the story of the Israelites’ deliverance from slavery?
Fun games to play (courtesy of D. Pleacher, First Presbyterian Church, Fort Collins CO)