Week Two (Sermon on Chapter 2 will be on 10/11):
Chapter 2: God Builds a Nation
Related Bible Text: Genesis 12, 13, 15-17,21,22,32,32,35, Romans 4, Hebrews 11
Wednesday, Sept 30: 10:10 AM
Thursday, Oct 1: 6:30 PM
Saturday, Oct 3: 10:00 AM
Sunday, Oct 4: 9:00 AM
Questions to think about as you read (page 473-474 at back of book)
- Abraham left his homeland and family to follow God. What did God say his reward would be?
- What might God be asking you to give up to follow him?
- What made Abraham righteous in God’s sight? How is this fact relevant to your life?
- Why did God ask Abraham to sacrifice his son Isaac? What did Abraham – and Isaac – learn from this experience?
- Because Jacob had shrewdly acquired Esau’s birthright and stolen their father’s blessing, Jacob feared his brother’s revenge. How did Jacob prepare for his meeting with Esau?
- What attitude did Jacob have when he wrestled with the “man” who Jacob eventually realized was actually God?
Fun games to play (courtesy of D. Pleacher, First Presbyterian Church, Fort Collins CO)
- Matching Puzzle for Chapter 2
- Journey Through Genesis Adventure Game
- Humorous Anecdotes for Chapter 2