Week Thirteen (Sermon on Chapter 13 will be on 1/17):
Chapter 13: The King Who Had It All
Related Bible Text: 1 Kings 1-8; 10-11; 2 Chronicles 22; 29; Psalms 23; 32; 51
Wednesday: 10:10 AM
Thursday: 6:45 PM
Sunday: 9:00 AM
Questions to think about as you read (page 479 at back of book)
- Why was Solomon’s request for wisdom and discernment so pleasing to the Lord?
- How is wisdom different from mere knowledge and intellect?
- Why is it vital to become wise?
- What can you do to gain more wisdom?
- How did pride and lust contribute to Solomon’s fall?
- What can you do to guard yourself against these sins?
Fun games to play (courtesy of D. Pleacher, First Presbyterian Church, Fort Collins CO)